We launched our new vision for A Modern Civil Service that is more skilled, innovative and ambitious in June this year. This year’s Civil Service Awards categories embody our new vision and each award falls under the following headings:
- Skilled: Investing in skills, championing expertise and strengthening leadership. Reflecting the country we serve and creating opportunities around the UK. Outstanding use of smarter working to make teams effective.
- Innovative: Finding new ways to solve problems to deliver for the public. Showing commitment to new ideas and experimentation, accepting that some ideas won't work.
- Ambitious: Achieving excellence in project and public service delivery. Making it easy to collaborate and provide a seamless experience for the public.
These criteria are applied to every award category, in addition to the category specific criteria listed below:
- Civil Service Values: Has the nominee or project promoted or demonstrated the civil service values and behaviours set out in the Civil Service Code: honesty, integrity, impartiality and objectivity?
- Above and beyond: Has the nominee(s)’s achievement gone above and beyond their normal job role?
- Measurable benefits: Is the project or programme achieving tangible results?
- Impact: Has the nominee(s) made an impact beyond their immediate team, business area or department?